Friday, February 13, 2009

Many of you know that we had to put our dog Sandy down over the summer. Since then the kids have been begging for a new puppy and we just keep putting them off--telling them we need to wait for warmer weather, the grass to grow back again, you know--anything to put off the inevitable potty training, chewing, biting, chewing stages of a puppy. Well we thought our prayers were answered when a friend called saying that they had found a golden retriever and had posted signs EVERYWHERE for weeks and no one had called. Of course I said we'd foster the dog and hopefully adopt it if noone claimed her. The kids were overjoyed and we enjoyed having Lindy or Chloe or Kayia at our home for a week. Well yesterday someone called and seemed to be the owner. I had just gotten done yelling at the dog for chewing up more of my plants and a pair of shoes--so maybe it was an answer to my prayers (JK). The owner came and we chatted and she took "Kaiya" home. I knew the kids would be heartbroken that an owner had been found. To my surprize within an hour the lady called back saying she had discussed with her husband and wanted us to have "Kaiya". So she brought her back with puppy papers and everything--of course this was after I had just cleaned up her last destructive mess. The kids got home from school and I told them all that happened and they were overjoyed that "Chloe" was now going to be ours. Not for long--the lady called back and said that her son was sad and wanted "Kaiya" back. So back she came and loaded "Kaiya" in her car and left me with four crying children. Of course the only way to console them was to promise them that we would get a puppy soon. What was I thinking!!!! Stay tuned for the next episode of the "puppy saga"!!

No comments:

Post a Comment