Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Madison is 14!!!

Maddi has been wanting to get her ears pierced for years--but we have always said that she couldn't until she was 14!! Well that day is finally here and Tom is wishing he'd never agreed to that. I think that he is having a harder time admitting that his daughter is growing up. So for her birthday she got her ears pierced and some make-up. Now Megan is already working on her dad. Good luck little Megan!!









It's hard to believe that Maddi is 14. I guess that I must come to the realization that she is definitely a teenager now. Luckily she is a very good natured one and we love to have her in our family. I told her that this year we were going to have a small party with just pizza and a movie and she could invite a few friends. So we printed out some "Twilight" invitations and didn't even ask for an RSVP. Luckily the day of the party I asked Maddi--"so how many girls are planning on coming to the party?" Of course I was totally shocked when she replied "Oh--not more than 20!!" "What!!" I exclaimed "That's a lot of girls!!" But the damage was done and I just needed to make sure that I picked up a few more pizzas. Well Maddi was a little off in her estimation--I counted 24 girls!! Hopefully they had a fun time playing Twilight Trivia and Scavenger hunt. The movie was on as background noise as the girls ate, talked, laughed, texted, and did what girls do best.

3 comments:

  1. Maddi Rae you're all grown up! I'm glad you had a good birthday. You're lucky with the ear piercing. Grandpa Baugh wouldn't let me get mine pierced until I went away to college. You're dad's a softie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute she is! I can't believe that she's 14---WOW how time flies...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Maddi!! How lucky to get your ears pierced..they look great! Looks like the party was so much fun.

    ReplyDelete